Saturday, August 8, 2015

WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors & Other Odds and Ends

Got a few items from UPS when I got home this week.

One of the things I was wanting to try were the WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors.  These allow you to crack the front windows open to allow air flow when it's wet out.  With the Fantastik fan running (I installed the Aero cover a few weeks ago) it will just cavitate if you don't have a way for air to be drawn into the van (the bathroom vent doesn't allow much air to come in).   So I ordered this one on Amazon.  The model number for the Promaster is 80749.  Amazon: Weathertech Side Window Deflectors Model 80749

It came in this big box.  The items were well protected and arrived unscratched.



Here is the window prior to installation.




Here it is installed.  They simply press in.  The trick is to start on the bottom (it braces itself from the bottom) and then press it in place working toward the top of the window.



Here it is from the inside.  You can open the window about 2 inches.  I suppose an enthusiastic thief could just rip this loose and break your window and get in.  So use caution leaving your van unattended this way.  But I think most would be hard pressed to notice that your window is open a little as the deflector is dark and covers the opening very well.




I don't think it blocks the view of the mirrors.



So we'll see how it goes with these.  The window seems to move a little slower when closing.  I may need to lubricate the edge of it.   I selected this brand because there is no sticky tape holding them in.  So if they don't work out, I can just pull them out and discard them.

The other items I got are related to food & cooking.

I've started using my microwave more and more.  It started with cooking corn-on-the-cob (see Cooking Corn-on-the-cob in the microwave ).  Then heating the Presto MyJo (No Power Keurig Machine).  Now this: Amazon: Potato Express.  Reviews are pretty good for cooking baked potatoes and sweet potatoes.  I'm a meat and potatoes kind of chef, so I hope this thing works out.

Another thing I like to do is sip whiskey.   A good tumbler is key for this, but also I like big ice.  These trays make 2" cubes and being silicone, it's easy to get them out.  This one fits perfectly in my RV's freezer section (on end) so there is still room for other stuff. Amazon: Silicone Ice Cube Tray



I have a large collection of folding tables.  None of them have really tripped my trigger.  I found this one to hold my new Camco Olympian Grill.  I like it because it is so compact, is made of aluminum (so it's light) and will fit really well in the Stowaway2.  It seems sturdy enough.  Amazon: Aluminum Folding Table

Here is how it came out of the box.



Legs extended to the higher of the two settings.  You have to push in two pins on each side to raise or lower the legs.  Once the cross-supports are locked in place, it's quite sturdy.



With the grill set on it.  Seems like the correct height for cooking, and there is room enough for grill tools and a plate with meat on it.



Packed away in the Stowaway2.  Nice and out of the way.


2 comments: