Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sadler's Creek 2

I spent this weekend getting my Vantage squared away and ready to go for the season.

Went on a shopping trip to get all the things I think I'll need this season - stuff for the kitchen and other misc. stuff.

Got my battery changed out to the Trojan 225. Wanted to put 2 6Vs in, but they wouldn't fit the rack.

I moved the TV it came with back to the bedroom area and hung a new 22" LCD where the original one was - got a new articulating mount so you can actually see the TV from the sofa.

Got all the water systems drained of all the crappy (yellow) water from the dealership, flushed and refilled with my good water from home. 

Reorganized the cabinets and the outside storage area. Did some touch-ups and cleaning.

Unpacked and set up my new Equal-I-Zer hitch. I like this thing. It took me about 3 tries, but I got it set up perfectly. This is a big step up from the EzLift I had. Basically I've got my Suburban level, and the trailer level. With a load on the front axle, and the Timbrens not engaged, it's a much better handling arrangement.

Decided to go to Sadler's Creek State Park for the wee
kend - the weather is looking to be mild (mid-sixties) and it will be a good opportunity to shake her out. Think I'll not plug in at all and see if I can make it Friday to Sunday. May put my kayak in the lake.

























No comments:

Post a Comment