Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Small Coffee & a Side of Toast

I'm always on the lookout for small space saving appliances to use in the RV.

I have a fairly small 1 cup coffee machine, but I don't like how slow it is, nor the 10-12 amps it wants to run.  I read on a blog about a compact drip cup and how much they liked it, so I got this one on Amazon to try out:


It was around $13.

Basically it comes as a plastic puck.  The cup itself is silicone.  You unfold it, put in a paper filter and set it on your cup as so:


You put a couple teaspoons of coffee in like so:

Pour in the hot water from your kettle like so:


In about 1 minute, the water drips thru and you have a perfect cup of coffee like so:


What is a fine cup of coffee without a slice of toast?  I've finally found the perfect compact electric toaster.  Look how small this baby is!


This one is vintage - note the fabric cord covering.  But it was a museum piece, looks like it came right out of it's original box.  Got it on ebay and it works perfectly.

Together, they will take very little cabinet space.


If you are an aficionado of toasters, check out this cool link:  Toaster.org

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Bill
    When you have a chance do a write up/video on your pan set.
    Stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill did you ever consider airstream when you were shopping for trailers?I would like to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as my thoughts on Airstream, check out the last section of this post:
    http://wincrasher.blogspot.com/2015/02/oliver-trailer-build-i-decided-to-pull.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a single slice Toastmaster toaster that my parents got for a wedding gift in 1931. We used it for several years in various trailers/campers. It still works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read your write up Ron thanks for the info. All the points you touched on I was having the same thoughts but it's nice hearing it from another. We are just trying to make the best decision for our purchase and it seems there's not a lot of products out there that compete with the oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another nice post. We call this brewing technique 'pour over coffee' in SF. They are in every fancy coffee shop in the city. We put a lot more coffee in it though. And the fancy places even weigh the coffee and water and time the whole process to make the perfect cup.

    Be careful with that toaster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised with how quickly it produces a cup. It seems to have enough time to get a full flavor. Much faster than my tiny Senseo machine and better coffee to boot. Plus no power needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favorite way to make coffee. You get a much fresher flavor.

      Delete
  8. I also have that exact vintage single toaster in my vintage Avion trailer. Love your write ups and videos.

    ReplyDelete