Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Jetson Electric Bike/Scooter

I got this neat electric bike/scooter last weekend.  I'm so impressed with it and wanted to share it on the blog.

Normally when I travel, I'm going to more rustic areas (with trails) and carry either a regular mountain bike, or an electric mountain bike.   Both of these bikes are terrific for their intended purpose.

But when I go down to the beach, or the Keys, something more like a scooter would be more practical and fun.

The problem is, gasoline powered scooters are kinda pricey, heavy and are another thing I have to service and maintain.   Since I like my essentially maintenance free electric mountain bike so much, I started searching for a scooter with a similar drive train.

I found it in the Jetson Electric Bike.   They are relatively light and are Federally classified as a bicycle.  So no registration, no licensing, no helmet required, etc.   So for my use, it's just about perfect!

Here's a link on Amazon:   Jetson Eco-Friendly Electric Bike

I also made this review video of the bike and it's features.  Be sure to listen to the part on how to find a bargain price on this item!


2 comments:

  1. I got an Jetson Bike too. It's really cool and convenience. If someone is finding a scooter, check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. There're relatively light and are Federally classified to be a bicycle.

    ReplyDelete