Monday, November 21, 2016

I bought a 2017 Tiffin Allegro 32SA

On November 19th, I took delivery of my new 2017 Tiffin Allegro 32SA.

This is a class A gas powered motorhome that is under 34' long.   My work is taking me out to work several projects in California, and I'm going to use this motorhome as my lodgings.

I also bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara to pull behind.   My plans are to not only live and work in this RV during my assignment, but also take advantage of my time in the west by doing some adventuring.

Time at home will be limited for the next couple of years, but I still intend to keep my Travato for those times I'll be home, but for the time when my assignment in the west is complete. In fact, I have several exciting modifications I'll be doing on the van in the coming months.

The Tiffin is amazing as far as gas motorhomes go.   I ordered it from Tiffin Motorhomes back in September (after the Hershey show) and it was completed to my specification in early November.

Later I'll do a walk thru tour, but I'll just say now that it's fully equipped with nearly every option available - including a residential size refrigerator.   I have big mod plans on this one with lithium battery upgrade and a large solar array that you'll be reading about in subsequent posts.

At Camp Driveway:



Jeep hooked up and ready to go:


4 comments:

  1. Very nice, although I'm still sweet on your Travato. Is the Jeep especially well-suited to being towed? Is that a manual transmission, or are the old-fashioned issues of towing an automatic (no lubrication of the trans when the engine/ATF pump not running) been solved on modern vehicles? I continue to enjoy your blog (and Youtube videos), and look forward to more! What further mods could you have for the Travato, when you have this chariot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The Jeep is no problem towing - either as a manual transmission or an automatic. They are set up to do it - all you do is put the transfer case in neutral, and the transmission in gear (or park on the auto). That's it. Steering column doesn't lock, so you don't need the key in it. As far as the Travato goes - still have big plans. I put a new lithium charger in it, and plan to install an inverter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are considering the 32SA as well. Already have the Jeep Unlimited. How does it perform towing the Jeep? Nice work on all the solar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious as how things are going with the Allegro as we are debating between the same floor plan as you vs a Newmar. Also wondering how your solar has been working out?

    ReplyDelete