Thursday, December 29, 2016

Solar Installation Complete


Today I completed the solar installation on my new Tiffin.

I also installed rubber matting in one of the bays, and installed liners in my big toolbox.  Both were easy to do, but fiddly and time consuming.

Up on the roof, I needed to finally stick down the solar panels in their final positions and tidy up the wiring.   This involved cleaning off the mounting points with rubbing alcohol.  For each panel you had to lift it up, pull of the red cover on the VHB tape on each panel's feet and set it down in it's final position.  You can only do this once, as no matter how hard I pulled, I could not get one to pop off.

I zip tied all the wiring so it couldn't flap around when traveling.   I also covered each foot with Dicor to seal it up so they don't get hot from the sun, but also so water doesn't penetrate the tape.

I also did a final seal on the roof penetration with a healthy mount of dicor.  It all looks a little messy, but the Dicor is self leveling and will smooth out in the days ahead.

It ain't perfect, but I think it will do.



No comments:

Post a Comment