Friday, December 23, 2016

Rubber flooring, toolbox, Zillareel and wet bay accessories



Today was another big day of DIY mods.   May be partly procrastinating to finish the solar project.

I installed the rest of the rubber flooring in the storage bays.  I love this stuff - heavy rubber, interlocking tiles - just trim to fit with a carpet knife.  Hopefully it keeps cargo from moving around.


I trimmed around the cord reels so I can use every bit of usable space.



I was really excited to get this Husky Tool Box.  It's 18" deep, which is hard to find.  I don't plan on filling this with alot of heavy tools, but I want the extra drawer space for all the little items that you collect along the way.   I did have to mod the top so the locking bars are released - otherwise you don't have enough headroom to open the top fully and release the locks.  Each drawer has a tension latch on it anyways, so I'm not worried about any popping open when underway.


Next I installed the ZillaReel.  This is a 50' foot extension cord on a retractable reel.  I drilled two holes in the toolbox and bolted it to the side.  I'd plugged into the outlet for the vacuum system.



The final thing I did today was install some accessories in the wet bay.   I installed a soap dispenser, a paper towel holder, and a holder for a box of disposable gloves.   Pretty easy, just drilled some holes in the compartment door's aluminum skin.  You have to be extremely careful drilling into this, as you could push right thru and dent the exterior door skin. Thankfully, I didn't as I just went very slowly.  I would really like to do something with that exterior shower - getting rid of the hose and just have an articulating spigot would be great.


I did fool around on the roof.  I sealed up the roof penetration box and played around with panel layout.  But nothing final yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment