Sunday, March 20, 2016

A few more mods on the Ranger

Today I did a few projects on my new R-27.   I installed a sound bar for the TV set, I installed my Magma grill from my other boat, and I installed a teak trolling motor mount on the railing.

The Insignia TV is fine, but the sound is really weak.  It's not wired into the stereo.  So I thought it would be easier to install a sound bar instead.   I found this one on Amazon that is USB powered and has 4 internal speakers.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014613640?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

The USB on the TV powers it, so you have sound when you are on batteries.  I had to put two screws into the bulkhead to mount it.   The wires are all zip-tied to the other wires behind the TV.





The sound is plenty loud enough for me.  Since it's connected to the audio out on the TV (instead of the headphone jacks), you can also still have sound out of the TV's speakers.

I had a barely used Magma LP grill from my old bolt.  I mounted it on the rear railing port corner.



Also on the rear railing, I mounted a teak bracket for my trolling motor.  This location was not my first choice, but the grill needs to be in the corner I think.  The bracket is nicely finished, but it was too expensive for what it is.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GOML4IA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00






It seems on there well enough to travel with it on the trailer this way.   Most likely I'll only have it on there when I'm taking the dingy, which is not every trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment