Saturday, March 19, 2016

Yakima Skybox for Ranger Tug

Last week I bought the Yakima Skybox 12 Carbonite to mount on the sport rack of my R-27.
Of course, I got it on Amazon.

I wanted this particular model because it is only 24" wide (and 92" long).  Since I have the solar panel, I didn't want it to be slammed up against it and cast shadows on the panel.


It has a dimpled finish that I'm sure will prevent scuffs and scratches, but it also gives it a carbon fiber look.

Here it is mounted on my boat.  It was a bear getting it up there by myself, but it was only 40 lbs.  The mounting system is pretty easy with clamping mechanisms adjusted from inside the box.


I certainly wouldn't want a larger box than this.  It covers the lower part of the cabin top, but still there is plenty of room to open the skylights.


From the cockpit.


It looks close to the panel in this shot, but there is about 4" gap from it.


Looking back from the bow.  Hopefully I can still get out under my roll-up door!


Here it is opened up.   That's the extent of how far it opens.


No comments:

Post a Comment