Tuesday, January 24, 2017

All Dressed Up and Ready to Go.

Well, the weather finally brightened up enough to finish dressing out my solar wiring and Dicor the last two panel's feet.

I could not find a butyl tape that I liked enough to cover the long wiring runs.   All the ones I could find that weren't outrageously priced ($50 for 25 feet!) were a silver/metallic color.  I wanted white.   I saw on the HVAC aisle a white duct tape labelled "all-weather".  $8 for 100 feet.  Perfect.

So I covered the cables with it.  Even though they were UV resistant, I thought this would only add to their longevity.

I also touched up the paint in a few places on the edge of the roof and drip rail that must have gotten scraped by the ladder, or a panel.  No biggy, on the ground you can't see it.


So the Tiffin is now officially done and ready to roll west!  I can't hardly wait to get back on the road.

2 comments:

  1. Thx for your article. I have 59G. Buying 550 lb bike and 1700 lb 19.5 boat. Tongue will be approx 750 lbs with both on rear. OK or wheelie on Travato front end?_have you heard of front bike mount off frame of moto that weighs 550? If not, possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The max tongue weight on the Travato hitch is 350 lbs. Some people are having issues with the hitch flexing, so even that is probably too much. 750 lbs is pretty crazy, even if the hitch could take it, and would result in very poor handling characteristics and would be very unsafe.

    ReplyDelete