Thursday, January 12, 2017

Add Driving Lights to Jeep Wrangler

I got these off-road driving lights for my Wrangler.  KC Hilites Daylighter

They are halogen - I liked the aesthetic of these over the LED's.   Couldn't find an LED version of this kind of old-school light that didn't cost an arm & a leg.  Maybe I can upgrade the bulb in it later, I'll have to investigate that.  But the housing is really nice - all stainless and very rugged looking.

What I liked about this kit is the simple setup - it comes with a complete wiring harness with switch and a relay.  You don't need to cut or splice any wires.  Just route where they need to go and put the connectors together.   I ended up dressing up the wiring with some small diameter wiring loom.

I imagine these will work on any vehicle if you have a bracket to mount them.  My Rockhard bumper had mount points for extra lights.




2 comments:

  1. Nice lights! How have they been holding up? Have you replaced the headlights with KC HiLites version yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are holding up well. My Sahara came with LED headlights, so no plans to replace them.

      Delete