Saturday, May 9, 2015

Miata MX-5 Enkei PF01 Wheels and BFGoodrich Rival S Tires

After the last rally, I really was impressed with the performance of the other cars.  Some were running the Rival tires and really going fast!

So I went on TireRack and ordered a new set of wheels with these tires mounted and balanced.  I had to go up in size a little - to 245/40 R17.  I was running 235/40 R17 Yokohama S Drives.   The 235's were 0.6% bigger than stock (205/45 R17) diameter, the 245's are 1.9% bigger.  Total track is widened by about 1 inch.

Enkei PF01 Wheels 17x8 Black with Silver Machined Lip

BFGoodrich Rival S Tires

In two days, UPS brought me a nice package:





A bit wider contact patch:



with the 50mm offset, the tires still don't stick out past the fenders:




I do like the look.  I also like the handling.  It's like it's on rails.





2 comments:

  1. I got to this page via the fiberglass rv site. I also have an MX5 with a prht. The offset on those wheels are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...what you need for the NC is a 50mm offset for the perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete