Monday, May 25, 2015

Travato Curtain Project Part Deux

I wasn't quite happy with the black curtain and the small tension curtain rod.   Thought with the curtain closed, it was too dark in the van.

So I regrouped and ordered a beige black-out curtain, and a shower curtain tension rod (1" diameter) in a brushed metal finish.

The only problem I encountered was that the rod would not stay in position on the street side.  There was an existing screw available near the door, so I popped off the plastic cap and unscrewed the self-tapping type screw.   From that point, I mounted an L bracket to hold the rod.   I used an old nut as a spacer and re-used the existing screw.  Saved the plastic cap so I could put it back to original if I change my mind again.


By using this bracket, there is room for the screen door to close unobstructed.


We also had to make the pocket alittle bigger (about 2 1/2"), so it's easier to open and close.


Plenty wide enough to cover the opening.  I'll probably use the loops and hooks to get around the chairs if I want to use them like I did with the old curtain.   I do have a tie-back to use to make the curtain more compact when traveling.  I like how it looks and the van is alot brighter inside.


It does have a neat appearance from the front of the van.  But I did like the black better on this side.



No comments:

Post a Comment